Monday 29 June 2020

Lockdown Literature 12.1

Hello,

How’s it going?

This week, we’ll keep on doing coursework reading / research / prep and we’ll do a bit of revision too. I’m also intending to throw some short stories your way for your coursework consideration. Here goes:
 

Here’s your work (for Thursday):


2) Continue to do some research, reading and thinking about coursework options. All the info and docs you need can be found in Lockdown Lit 11.

3) If you haven’t already, listen to this podcast as a revision exercise. It's also available to download on iTunes (search 'Lend Me Your Ears'). It starts off with a gentle intro and plot summary (the first 12 minutes), but gets into some interesting discussions around key themes: race, identity, outsiders, storytelling etc.


Optional extra:

4) Want to read a great short story? Try Daphne Du Maurier’s The Birds. Consider: which section of the Critical Anthology would work best with it as a coursework option?


There’s an abridged audio version here.




Next time, my plan is to give you some more revision, more time to explore coursework ideas and to start giving you some more short stories and extracts to read and respond to. I’ll figure it out.

Apologies – I’m a little behind in my mini-essay marking and writing. I’ll get it sorted this week.

Right, I’ve got to go to school!

Let me know if you need anything.

Mr M

No comments:

Post a Comment