Thursday 2 April 2020

Lockdown Literature 2.2

Hi folks,

Here's the last bit of work before Easter (it doesn't need to be completed until my next email on Monday 20th April, but I suggest doing it today or tomorrow so that you have a full two weeks off):


1) Do this quiz on Isabella.
The final question is a discussion question that requires a one-paragraph response. This is not an essay - I just want your thoughts (no more than 10 minutes).
  
2) Have a go at a single paragraph response on the brothers as personifications of capitalism/greed.  
You can write on the Google doc (click file, then 'make a copy) and send me a link - or just stick it in an email. 
Ten minutes planning + ten minutes writing = 20 minutes... tops.

3) Read stanzas XLIII-L (lines 338-401) and make notes.  
You can use the sites I shared previously or my notes from last year:

                                                                                                                                                                   

Optional bonus challenge:

Can you write like Keats? 

Try composing a stanza or two of ottava rima. You can't really appreciate Keats's art until you've tried it. 

You could use it to update us about what you've been up to, or... whatever!

There will be some sort of prize or reward if you have a go!

Here's my summary of the poem so far in ottava rima (yes, I rhymed 'aggravated' with 'mutilated' - what of it?):




If you manage it, stick it in the comments box or in an email.

Let me know if you need anything - and stay safe.


Mr M

No comments:

Post a Comment