Monday 20 April 2020

Lockdown Literature 3.1


Hi all,

I hope you are all well and have had a restful and enjoyable (albeit weird) Easter.

It’s time for your next set of work. First, can you make sure that you’ve completed the work I set before Easter – you can find it here. Thanks for the work I’ve received so far. I’ll be sending feedback this week. I haven’t received any stanzas of ottava rima yet though. It’s not too late - there’s a prize up for grabs!

Here’s this week’s work (due in on Thursday):

1) Do this quiz on Isabella.
2) Make notes on how Isabella changes after the vision of Lorenzo has ‘schooled (her) infancy’. You can download a copy of this doc to do it, if you like:





3) Consider the symbolic significance of the head.

What might it mean? Why does Isabella do this?



4) 'The digging scene (lines 362-401) is presented like a macabre childbirth. It presents Isabella as a frustrated, heartbroken mother.'



Collect evidence that supports this interpretation. I’ll ask you to write a paragraph about this next time.



5) Read and annotate from line 402-450. Helpful notes can be found here and here and here.

Before I go, here’s photographic evidence of the success of my Easter project 😂:




You’ll get my next post on Thursday,

Take care,
Mr M

No comments:

Post a Comment